Sunday, October 2, 2011

Joy is.......Letting It Go


Hi folks,

This week was a whirlwind of non stop work and planning and another doctor visit, that has me now sticking my fingers with a needle. YIKES! And I ain't even liking that. Yes he says I have Type 2 Diabetes, very high Cholesterol (299), High Blood Pressure, etc, etc. Oh and just a tiny 100lbs too much weight. OK, so I must behave and eat right and take new meds, and exercise. YIKES, again! He only gave me a Blood Pressure Pill for now, but I have to go back in a month, and then he will decide if I need a Cholesterol pill too. So I have to be good and stay away from Bread, Potatoes, Pasta, no Fast Food, and Salt. OMG! That is all I eat. So I have to let go of all of my loves and figure this out, because I refuse to be a sick person with this disease. So today I worked in my bedroom to "unload" my treadmill, because I must walk on it come hell or highwater. OK enough of that!

Next I received some papers from a paper swap I was in.


This first one is my favorite. This is a piece of "Driveway Art" from Dede at http://inkiwell.blogspot.com/ She actually tapes large pieces of paper to her driveway and paints and stencils them while recording on Ustream Live, then cuts them into 8 1/2 X 11 inch papers for her paper swap. Please go watch her Ustream recordings for the fun. The next two Dede sent came from others who sent in papers to swap.


This is a paper from my friend Kerri at http://ikerrilove.blogspot.com/



And this one is a paper from Shannon. I sent in 2 Deli Papers and so I got 3 back, just cause Dede knew I was after at least one piece of driveway art.

OK so I have been kicking around some ideas for a place I could store all of my pens and markers, laying hortizontal and where I could have easy access to them. I finally think I have it, although I don't have pictures yet, just an explanation. Michael's had photo boxes on sale for 3 for $5.00 and I bought 6. So picture this: I am going to attach 3 to each other end to end for a length of about 36 inches, then do the same with the other 3, then put them together as a 6 pack, 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. Then divide each box in half longways with a piece of form board so each box will have a shelf in the center and THEN, (I know this is long,) divide each shelf in into 3 sections with more form board. So each box will have 6 spaces which will give me a total of 36 spaces to put my pens. Whew!! Since I am down sizing everything I own right now, I have the room to put up this creation and use it. I will show you pics when I get it built.

My friend Paula at http://www.journalartistaart.com/ made a journal out of a magazine. Go see what she says about it on her blog. So I found those Apts for Rent books at CVS and I think it will work. It is small, 5 1/2 X 8 inches, see here:



And here:



The pencil box is next to it for size reference. Paula painted and collaged in hers and I just think it might be fun. You could also use a regular size magazine and paint the text out but keep the photos for journaling and backgrounds.

And lastly, I got my new Tim Holtz limited edition Distress Ink Pads. Woot!



In this pic they are stacked on top of each other, but the colors are, Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon and Gathered Twigs. They were released only for this fall and will not have reinkers. There is a winter release coming out too, just once. I already have mine on reserve, of course.

This has been a very long post, but sometimes I get long winded. Tomorrow I have to stay at home cause I am having my car looked at for a very loud roaring sound coming from the back. Since it is my work car and my everything car too, I have to have it.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

OMG! I am so sorry to hear of your physical state. I saw Paula's zine video and thought it was a splendid idea for thing magazines. I don't think it would work for some of my thicker Vogues because of how much they weigh. I gotta get those inks. Your photo box idea is fabulous. I'm going to borrow it.

Dale Anne Potter said...

Oh dear Sharon!
More POSITIVE thinking I think is needed girlfriend.
Jealous of the papers....I'm still waiting for my TH special editions, Tomorrow maybe!