Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Couple of Things

Hey folks.

The image below is how I felt on Friday after work. Credit goes to someone's blog, or facebook where I found this and said, yep that is me this week. So apologies if you come here and read this.

Not much left of me after last week. This next week does not look any more promising either. And because of the work I am involved in, I had to cancel my very yukky appt I had scheduled for tomorrow with the gastro folks. Which means if I was going to be doing that tomorrow, I would not be sitting on this chair today. Get it?? Yikes! I really wanted to get that over with, but I must schedule it when I will have an easy start to a week and not have to drive a zillion miles the day after that procedure.

I found some new markers from American Crafts called Stamp Markers. They look and act just like Tim Holtz Distress Markers. Got them at Mike's.


Then I conducted a little "Hot Breath" test. I colored on the stamp with 2 or 3 different colors and then gave them one hot breath to put some moisture on it and stamped it. The top image is the Stamp Markers and the bottom image is the Distress Markers. Pretty close to the real deal. They come in packs of 5 markers for $11.99 compared to Tim's which comes in packs of 5 for $14.99. Pretty and cool.

I am now also broke, as I had to pay out my entire check for so much. I am having to go into my savings again! Yikes! I so hate to have to do that. But I guess it is better to be broke for a month and have everything paid up than to be overdue on stuff. But it is so said that I have to keep digging into the only extra I have each month to make it. Holy Cow, what would I do if I didn't have a fricking job?!! I certainly feel for my friends that do not work.

And I got a Roku. This is the TV hook up that runs from your wireless internet. I bought a subscription to Netflix and have been watching cool stuffs like the original Dark Shadows Soap Opera!! Awesome! I use to run home from Jr High every day to watch it. Oops, just told you how old I am. Oh well..............

Ok I am out.

2 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Hahaha! I felt exactly like that poor rooster and you, after the past two weeks, too!! Your markers and sun stamping are awesome! Inspires me to play with my stamps in new ways. Thank you for the art and the laugh. Hope this week goes better for you!

Cheryl said...

Wow! That is one sad rooster! I too used to race home to watch Dark Shadows. Can you believe Johnny Depp is going to play Barnabas Collins?