Saturday, May 19, 2012

The First Un-Busy Weekend

Hey folks,
Just as the title of this post says, this is an un busy weekend. I did some stuff today that I had to put off because of all of the other busy weekend's lately but today I got caught up.

I have some cool things to show ya's:



First, is this cool Eagle Creek Half Tube Cube, recommended by Kelly Kilmer, (because she recommends Eagle Creek) that I bought while waiting for my car to get serviced and washed. It is perfect for carrying rolls of TAPE in my journal bag. There is a luggage store inside the car wash that sells cool bags. Nice.


I have been accumulating more and more Stamp Markers from American Crafts to go with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers. They live nice together. Love these for stamping. Huffing is back! LOL



New Books!! YAY! The top one is by Linda and Opie O'Brien. It is about creating very cool dolls from old rusted tobacco tins to old metal car parts. I love this kind of stuff and this book makes you drool. WOW! I never grow tired of staring at these beautiful works of art.

The next book is fantastic. It is a book of Art Journal pages that Orly Avineri created and put them into book form. It is not a how to book. It is like looking through her journals personally. Please go to Orly's Blog and check it out, and if you would like a copy for yourself and you should, please buy it from her blog as Orly will get more money for the sale as opposed to Amazon where she will get a very very small amount. You will not be disappointed. And when you go to Kelly's blog you will also see a great review about this book.


This is the fiction that I am reading now. I picked this up because of the drawing on the front and back cover. Very cool sketching. This is not a very good pic, sorry. This has a very unusual creepy story line. Right up my alley.

I have actually been working in my journal some. Actually not really anything new, but adding things to some of the spray ink back grounds I didn't like. I found these cool die cuts, and have been adding them over the top of pages I was not happy with.





This is a doodle page I have been messing around with, using the Stamp Markers. Love those pens. Yum!

Mary Ann Moss is up to something sneaky petey on her blog. I believe she has created some really cool labels that she wants to share with us for our journals. I am sure they won't be free, but anything Mary Ann offers, I will be there in line to grab. Please check it out. And if you don't know who Mary Ann  Moss is, shame on you. It is time for you to make your aquaintance's.

Hope you have an arty weekend. I am!

3 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Hi! I ordered Orly's book last night, from her Blog, and just can not wait to get it!! Love your Tape Bag! Right now, I have all of my rolls of washi tape in bamboo silver ware trays...perfect fit! Have a fun Sunday...kath

Kelly Kilmer said...

It looks like you are having a very good weekend, indeed! You deserve it my friend! LOVE the journal pages!!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for all the info on what's cool. I bought Orly's book also. I also bought the entire line of La Pen by Marvy.