Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Plain Fun


I have been having some fun this weekend. First check out this fabric package I received yesterday from India. WOW!! This the coolest piece of mail I have ever received. I ordered Mendhi Stencils for Henna on Ebay. And they were shipped in this! It looks like muslin cloth. Check out the way they wrote the R's in my name and address. Very cool.


Another shot of the address on the back.


This envelope was hand whipped stitched closed. OMG!! I have never seen anything this fabulous in a while and I get to keep it. WOW!!


And these are the stencils that I ordered. WOW! I don't actually remember how many I ordered but this is what I got. I can't wait to try them out in my journal. Remember to click on any of the pics for a bigger view.


And speaking of journals. I went to a yard sale this weekend that was being given by a guy I know that deals in antiques. And I found this cool cabinet card of this guy in a velvet suit. Well of course it must have been red velvet. So I made a copy of it and altered it with a red glitter Spica pen, and a pink Souffle gel pen. He is headed for a journal page that is circusy looking. I am looking for some ballons for his hand and maybe some other circus looking stuff to finish the page. I will show you how it turns out next post.

Hope everyone is staying cool or at least trying to. And I hope you have had an arty weekend.

5 comments:

Barb Smith said...

I have started to order those same mhendi stencils before...how cool that you got some and the packaging is so fun. I know you'll have fun with them. If you want to sell me one or two, give me a yell. ;-)
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Lotus said...

Awesome stencils CB!!! Woohoo!
I love what you did with the cabinet card too! He looks great! I was gonna stop by last night, but this heat is killing me. Call me when you get home and I'll try and stop by tonight!

Cheryl said...

You Lucky Duck! What a fabulous weekend of art you had. I cannot say the same for me but things will be easier for the next 3 weeks. I love what you did with the cabinet card. What are you going to do with the stencils?

amy, hannah, and ellie said...

Very cool package! I'm jealous!
-Amy
apronsandart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the cloth envelope! It looks like they sewed it closed too. Mail of any kind, other than bills, is fun, but extra fun when it looks like this one.