Monday, May 31, 2010

Busy Making Art











Ok, so the last week I have been working at my art like 0 to 100 in 8 seconds flat!! As I reported last post I took Kelly Kilmer's class, that was last weekend and then yesterday, I drove to Folsom to visit with my friend, Cheryl. OMG!! This girl has BOXES, yes boxes of journals that she has created over the years. WOW!! I was so inspired by her creativity, and she has a very cool apartment that is so quiet, it is a great place to create. We traded art stuff, had lunch, went art supply shopping, just had a great day.
This morning, my friend Lotus came over and we experimented with spray paint and stencils as you can see from the photos. Ton's of layers of paint. Now I have to get it off of my hands and fingers so I will look all professional tomorrow when I begin teaching a new class of drivers for Truckee. Oh well, reality has to set in sometime, sigh....................
Hope you were able to get in some creativity this holiday weekend.

3 comments:

Lotus said...

Wise guy...
LOL! I had such a blast. Why you gotta put a pic of me?!? Sigh... ; )

Yeah, this stuff is a *bleep* to get off the hands! We'll have to use gloves next time! lol... does Ed have some thinner you could use? Wouldn't want you to go to work looking like you painted all day... lol!
Take it easy

Barb Smith said...

Oh you lucky, girl! I love seeing what y'all created with the spray paint and stencils...I love that grungy look!

Glad you had a great weekend. Mine was good, too.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! You guys are awesome! I am definitely going to be spray painting on my balcony this summer.