Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Life is Nevr-Dull

So here is the second post this weekend. Why not? Might as well. Ain't nothing else going on. Can't complain. Nobody would listen! HA! Anyway, just hung out in the studio most of the weekend, working on the last few pages in my journal.

The big news is that the Modesto Border's is closing and so yesterday I went out there and bought some magazines and stuff. The magazines were 40% off, so I bought 4. Three for me and one car magazine for the husband. I stood in line for 30 minutes. Oh well.

Here are some more journal pages that have been hiding in my camera for awhile for your enjoyment:















If you have never heard of http://www.createmixedmedia.com/ you need to go and check it out. It is a nice site for learning lots of cool stuff within Mixed Media. This week Mixed Media Artist, Katie Kendrick is featured in a free tutorial where she uses Nevr-Dull, a household polish, to distress magazine images into collage pieces. Folks, her pages are amazing. Go check her out and join the site. Great ideas and great people contributing to it, like the great Rice Freeman-Zachary, who interviews everyone! I love to learn what the other artists like to use in their art.

Since I do not get the Holiday off tomorrow,I will get off of here and get things done for the work week. Make art not war!

3 comments:

Lotus said...

Yay!
YOu got your camera working! Love the journal pages...

Cheryl said...

Fantastic pages. I love them. Nevr dull is right. I learned that technique years ago but since I'm no good at drawing, it wouldn't do for me. Glad you got your PC & camera talking again. By the way, my friend Betsey wants you to move here too!

Barb Smith said...

Girl, don't let them run a 40% sale at any book/magazine store near me...I tend to go way overboard with reading materials. lol

Love your pages so much! The Starbucks spread definitely reminds me of YOU! :)

Peace & Love,
~Barb~