Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ghost Journaling for Lack of a Better Description



Thai picture doesn't really show you what really happened, but I am not feeling the best this weekend, so I am not going to try to take anymore.

In short, first I saw this technique when Paula Phillips showed us on her UStream last week and I flipped out.

She painted the page with cheapie black craft paint. Once it was dry, she took stencils and sprayed a green color wash ink on the page. You couldn't really see the stencils but that is OK. After that was dry, she took a circle stencil and a spouncer and spounced gesso on the page in circles, and the inks showed thru the gesso. It is really a very cool technique. Looks like ghost journaling.

Please go here and watch Paula's recorded UStream, http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10843297

It is the coolest thing I have ever seen, and I know you will love it.

Oh yea, if ya don't know what a spouncer is, it is a sponge on a stick used for stenciling. Very cool tool. Spounce, spounce, spounce.

One more thing, if you are on twitter, look me up as journalchic. I am following a bunch of great art journalers. We have quite a time, at times.

4 comments:

Lotus said...

CB!
Looks great! You're right, the green looks ghostly... I will check out Paula's vid when I can. I hope you're feeling alright. Maybe try and do some actual journaling with the green ink and then do the pouncing thing and see what words pop up!
Sounds like fun!
Take it easy
Lotus

Cheryl said...

Your page looks fantastic! What happened this weekend? Maybe if you fournal about it you'll feel better. Hope so.

Kelly said...

Very cool page. Hmmm... spounce... learn something new everyday! LOL

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oooh, I have to check all of this out! I'm a Tween Art Journaler, too!!! Thanks for sharing these new techniques.