Monday, December 31, 2012

Ready or Not a New Year is Here

Hey folks,

Hope everyone survived Christmas, and you got great new arty stuffs. I did get some stuff.

I got a cool bluetooth keyboard case for my Ipad. I love it. It is so much easier to do emails, etc.

I also got gift cards from:

Hobby Lobby (already gone)

Starbux (now on my Iphone, so cool to use)

Barnes & Noble

Stampers Corner (LSS)

Target

So I did OK in the gift card dept! And I also bought myself a used Canon Selphy Photo Printer! Woot! I haven't connected it up yet to my computer, because it is bluetooth and I want to print from my phone, so I need to get a bluetooth adapter for it so I can. Here it is, the box anyway, and a little help of the cat!

 
This next pic is a happy surprise. A few weeks ago, Seth Apter posted on Facebook that for one day his 2 new DVD's could be downloaded from North Light Books for $5.00 each. Well I ran there and found out that his were the only DVD's not listed for the $5.00 downloads that day. So I told him and he sent me both hard copies!! OMG!! I about died. Seth Apter is a genius and his backgrounds are fabulous. If you don't know about his art, run now to his blog and check his work out!!!
 
 

This past Thursday, I got to go up to Niles to my friend's studio and have an art day. I took my new friend Bev with me and I practiced working with the Gelli Plate. This is what I did:


I did a few more pieces over scrapbook paper, but these turned out the best on the old book pages.  I then talked to my sister from another Mother in Washington last night about printing stuff on scrapbook paper in your printer, so this morning I tried it and this is what I got:


This was a piece of 12 X 12 paper that I had on my art table that I would doodle on occasionally and so I cut it to 8.5 X 11 and put it in my printer and printed a journal page over it. Kinda cool. Of course I didn't take a before shot! Boo!

So yesterday I cleaned all day in my art cave and:



A cleaned off art table is a happy art table ready for new and exciting artsy adventures in the new year!

Happy New Year folks. Play it safe tonight!


1 comment:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

Lucky you! I had Seth's DVDs on my wish list, but no one responded. Ah, well my birthday's coming up so there's still hope! Looks like you will have a lot of fun with all those gift cards!
Erin