Sunday, September 11, 2011

Joy is......A Full Weekend

Remember the little "Love is...." comics back a few years ago? I loved those and looked forward to reading them each day in the newspaper. So I am beginning a new bloggy thing where each week I am going to do the same thing, but call it "Joy is...." So the first one is the title of this post, "Joy is....a full weekend." This weekend began Friday night with an art friend of mine, Eva, dragging me to the Dark Side, yes Scrapbooking, *Gasp*. Another scrap buddy of hers was there at Eva's house and I had a great time making a Halloween Mini Book with them.


These were made from toilet tissue rolls flattened and painted and wrapped with scrapbook paper. Pretty cool. I need to continue to add more stuff to them. And believe me, Eva has it all. Boxes and bags of everything Halloween. She also made me these two very cool spooky fun things, a spooky hand magnetic clip and this cool bat dress form:



Saturday I had to work. UGH! But I have to do that onnce in a while, so I was OK with it.
Today I went to the Antique Faire in Sacramento where I found these great altered cabinet cards for Halloween:

I will be making some of these, Fun!

Oh, also on Friday, my friend Lotus texted me to let me know that she had seen on Rice's blog, http://voodoonotes.blogspot.com/ that I had won a give away. Woo Hoo! I won her new book:

Can't wait to get it.

Whew! What a weekend! Hope yours was creative! And one last thought.

Please remember those folks who died 10 years ago today in NY, DC and Pennsylvania and their families. I remember exactly where I was that day, what I was feeling and thinking.
I will never forget!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Woo hoo!!! You won a fantastic book by Rice. And had fun making scaaaaarrrrryyy stuff. I like the little book you made. I always find things like that fun to make but then I never know what to do with them afterwards. The cabinet cards are really cool, too.