Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ah, The Smell of New Technology



Well my friends, My State Taxes came to visit on Friday and I was able to get my IPad 2 this weekend. Drama was the word for this weekend. Whew! Apple should be ashamed of the way they do things some times. What I thought would be an easy purchase, turned into a marathon.

Friday afternoon I went to the Apple Store in Modesto to inquire about buying a IPad 2. I wanted a certain one, and they didn't have it in stock. They told me they would have some more Saturday morning and if I wanted to come to the store early, they could tell me then what was available. OK so I went at 8:00am and at 8:30 a guy came outside and told us they had only certain one's, and the one I wanted they didn't have any. OK, so I drove to Sacramento, which turned into Roseville, which turned into Pleasanton, which brought me back to Motown late in the afternoon after a call back to the Modesto store, that said yes they did have it. But someone doesn't understand customer service, cause they didn't actually have any!! Grrr after I drove over 200 miles chasing one.

But this morning when I went back to the Modesto store, they had plenty. WOW! Wierd! They must be getting secret midnight deliveries!

It is very cool, but it will take me a while to learn how to use it. Oh Well! Love the smell of new technology! The first thing I did...I went to ITunes and downloaded the song," Today I'm Gonna Try and Change the World" by Johnny Reid, of course!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What an adventure you had! And you are a proud new mama...what are you going to name your new iPad?

Barb Smith said...

I love me some new technology, too. I would love an iPad but can't do it until far after the move...we gotta get settled first. Glad you've got yours, though...very cool.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Connie Lutz said...

Wow - what a pain! Happy you found one - enjoy it!