Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Journal & The "Will Have" List

I began a new journal this past weekend. No I don't have photo's yet as I am still working on the cover's. But I will tell you that it is a Composition Book that I paid 25 cents for at Target's Back to School sale this last fall. I glued 3 pages together throughout to make strong pages, and found out they will hold up great to paint. I want to write more in this journal, so that is the goal. We will see......

I did not have a great week last week, with the day job. So I am going to do just a tad of preaching here for a sec.........Never trust that a driver will do what they are suppose to do while driving a vehicle. Always pay attention and be aware of your immediate surroundings when walking and crossing streets where traffic and you occupy the same areas! Never ASSUME! OK that is all I am going to say, but please take note of what I just said and practice making eye contact with driver's before you try to cross a street! Thanx!

I bought a new fun book this weekend, "Picture This" by Lynda Barry. Got it cheap at my closing Border's. And I bought Traci Bunker's new book, Art Journal Workshop on Amazon that was released early. Can't wait till it gets here next week.



I have begun what I am calling, The "Will Have" List or the "Save $ For" List. On this list is a few things, you guessed it, that I want! The first is to go to Teesha & Tracy Moore's Journalfest or their Play Retreat by 2013. My friend Cheryl moved close to Seattle recently and we started discussing attending in 2013. So the first thing on the list is funds for that, since it will include the price of the retreat AND airfare.

Next on the list is funds for an IPad 2. Now before ya'll go nuts, give me a sec. The main reason I want this is so I can carry a personal computer with me easier when I work. My company frowns on us doing anything personal on my work issued laptop. But before I ever actually buy one, I am going to check them out in the Apple Store here at the mall very thoroughly. They will know my name and be saying, Hi Sharon, every time I walk in the store!

I also "Want" a Monoprice Grapic's Tablet that is cheap on Amazon. Like $51.00. You can draw on the tablet and it shows on your computer screen. Very Cool!

That is all I have on the list right now. But those are enough since the first two require large amounts of $$ for.

Well I have bored you enough with my musings. I will be back next weekend, Byeeeee

2 comments:

Barb Smith said...

I had my printed go completely kaput on me yesterday so the $$ I was hoping to use on a Bamboo tablet...I haven't heard of Monoprice Grapic's Tablet. Gonna have to check that one out.
Hope you're doing great after your procedure. Drop me a line and let me know how you are.
Peace & Much Love,
~Barb~

Cheryl said...

Hi Babe, I'm finally getting around to catching up online. Can't wait to call you and find out all the juicy details.