Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hey I Am Back for a Minute!

Hey folks,

I have been under the weather for the past week! Ugh! An inhaler hanging around my neck. 2 different antibiotics and just today I actually am feeling a little like myself again! This is not fun!

But wanna know what is fun?

This:

These are sewn collages my friend Cheryl creates! They are the bomb! Please enjoy!




 


The bestest get well present I ever received! Thanx my friend!

And now for me. Since I have been sick, I have slacked in my Planner, but did actually work some:

 
Doodle a border here, which then turned into doodled webs!

 
I then added a "flopportunity". I took a piece of fun foam and drew a leaf on it for a stamp. I inked it with Memories Dye Based Ink Pad, & stamped it. Love the look. Then the next photo shows the oops:


It bled through. BUT it looks so cool, I loved it. The 2nd flopportunity is the sketch of the ladies. I drew one on a napkin waiting for my lunch. Put it in my pocket and forgot about it. Later when I retrieved it, I opened it up and the pen had bled through and created a twin! COOL!


This challenge was to find an artist inspiration and try to create something of theirs. So I picked Tracy Moore, Teesha Moore's Hubby. I love his sketches. But this is when I was really into my sick so I never finished the sketch. Of course on the left is Tracy and on the right is my rendition.


And that brings us to this week's challenge, which is create a shape, repeat it and add color. So since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I chose a heart. I also found a Robot with a heart, so he could dance on my page! I am still loving The Documented Life Project. Check it out! Too much fun!

Here I was going to add a 30 second video of my cat playing fetch. But my phone says it is too big to send in an email. Shucks!

I am finishing Sycamore Row by John Grisham this evening. Excellent book! Then it will be back to Agatha Christie! My book goal in 2013 was to read 40 books and I read 48 books. This year my goal is to read 50!

Have a great weekend and a fun day tomorrow!

Till next time!
 

2 comments:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I think you did great to do the art you did while being under the weather!
Erin

Cheryl said...

I was tickled pink to discover you posted photos of my sewn paper collages. They are so much fun to make.

You are doing so much better on The Documented Life than I am. Kudos to you, my friend. I love your doodling.